Deeper Underground





Deeper Underground, a photo by simon.anderson on Flickr.



Had a great day out in London on the 15th March 2013 to get some pictures in and around Canary Wharf.
Managed to grab a few shots I'm really proud of but due to the wind and rain a lot of my shots were ruined. 
The shot of London bridge tube station was taken on my way to Liverpool St train station to meet my friend Andrew Brown who was with me for the day for picture taking and a chat.
I used a slowish shutter speed to incorporate some blur into the tube train as it was moving off  whilst trying to keep a steady hand to keep detail in pretty much everything else.
I used my Sigma 10-20 to squeeze loads in including the London Bridge sign.




The picture of the clock in front of 1 Canada Square in Canary Wharf is a popular and well known picture, I was really looking forward to taking it myself.
I read loads of horror stories about doing photography in Canary Wharf and was a little worried about walking around with my big camera and tripod but the security were brilliant on the day, very helpful and polite so can't wait to go back when the weather is better.
The wideness of my Sigma 10-20 was brilliant for this making those already tall buildings touch the clouds.
I converted this picture to mono giving it a metallic New York feel which really suits the pictures style.





This night shot of Canary Wharf is one of the main reasons for going on this photographic day out.
I was dying to grab loads of night shots with these glowing buildings lit up like a Christmas tree, unfortunately I didn't get as many as I wanted due to the constant wind and rain, I was forever drying the glass on my lens.
If the exposures were short it would have been easier but as the exposures started going up to and beyond 30 seconds it was virtually impossible to keep the lens dry for this length of time.

Comments